Swift Urgent Clinic Open Positions
Swift Medical Float
The Swift float will be a dynamic position that floats between support of clinical and administrative needs.
I. Reporting Relationships:
Reports directly to the Clinic Supervisor.
II. Principle Accountabilities
· Track and enter all referral requests in the log on a daily basis.
· Screen incoming referrals.
· Create and maintain patient record
o Ensure complete and accurate demographic and current insurance information are entered into the Practice Management system.
o Print check out slips and ensure information is populated
· Verify eligibility and benefits for services.
· Retain working knowledge of contracted insurances and any requirements they may place upon procedures for the patient
· Obtain prior authorization if required for services as indicated by respective insurance as needed
· Utilize tools provided to determine patient financial responsibility.
· Document in estimate tool as per protocol.
· Communicate financial responsibility to patient and collects payment at time of service
· Respond to providers’ questions, requests and concerns regarding the status of patient referrals, care coordination or follow-up status.
· Answer, respond and document phone calls, request and questions from patients in a timely manner.
· Check patients out and schedule follow ups as needed
· Maintain all administrative office needs
· Keep reception and waiting area clean
· Complete Disability/FMLA forms as needed
· Obtain external medical reports/imaging
· Fax and scan information as needed
· Provide support and backup to all SWIFT staff as needed
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Properly process new patients by entering patient history in chart prior to practitioner seeing patient
· Taking vitals (height, weight, pulse, respiration count, and blood pressure) and recording in the system
· Relay accurate messages to the physician and follow through as directed
· Accurately and thoroughly document pertinent details of conversations and situations with patients
· Properly route requests for medications and respond as directed
· Speak with patients calling with problems and assess situation and direct appropriately
· Liaise with coworkers in providing answers to patient queries
· Respond to other practices’ requests for information as necessary and provide clinical information to other medical providers to assist in patient’s care
· Provide injections for patients as directed
· Order medical supplies and maintain inventory of needed items, rotate medication and monitor expiration date.
· Maintain record keeping referable to medication logs
· Educate patients and enforce office protocols re: medication agreement
· Act as a Scribe to accurately and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures as instructed by the physician, including but not limited to:
· Physician-dictated diagnoses, prescriptions, and instructions for patient or family members for self-care and follow-up
· Process outgoing referrals and follow up to ensure patient receives care in a timely manner
· Manage medication samples and monitor for expiration dates
· Monitor inventory and expiration dates and inform supply manager of needs
· Complete requisition form for UDS and prepare sample for shipment as needed
· Set up, prepare patient and assist with in-office procedures according to provider preference
· Apply DME/Splints, remove casts/splints
· Maintain and prepare exam rooms for patient care
· Other duties as assigned
III. Physical Requirements:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to (but not limited to):
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
· distance, color, and peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
· The employee will have to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle and eye strain
· Occasional stress from dealing with multiple tasks and patients
IV. Educational Requirements:
· GED or High School Education
· Minimum one year or recent experience working in a medical facility preferred
· Anatomy knowledge preferred
V. Other Requirements
· Must possess and maintain a current CPR certification
· Annual TB test
· Optional: Hepatitis B vaccine
· Basic knowledge of insurance and authorization preferred
· Ability to adapt and respond to clinic needs
VI. PROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOR
· Places the patient’s safety, comfort, dignity and convenience before all other considerations.
· Behaves with courtesy and respect when speaking to patients, health professionals, and others.
· Strives to develop and maintain mutually beneficial long term relationships with patients, business partners, accountants, attorneys, community leaders and coworkers
· Displays flexibility and adaptability in response to departmental and professional changes.
· Communicates efficiently with staff and owners
· Is honest and seeks to do the right thing with respect to every decision
· Strives for both the short and long term profitability of Swift
· Seeks to assist other staff members in down time
· Adhere to strict HIPAA and OSHA regulations
· Ability to perform and focus on multiple tasks
· Swift scrubs and jackets that have been provided should be worn at all times. Keep clothes clean and free of wrinkles
· Maintain an organized and clutter free workspace at all times
VII. SELF DEVELOPMENT
· Attends professional classes and workshops to stay abreast to current professional standards and regulations.
· Analyzes his/her areas of strength and weakness and pursues improvement and growth.